Tuesday 22 May 2012

Going home

It's that time - in a couple of hours I'll be leaving for the airport to return from Crete to England.

I shall miss Greece and the sunshine but I'm happy to say that I'm not leaving with a heavy heart - and that's only partly because I'm looking forward to seeing all my family and friends. I've also learned that I can choose to feel inner peace, whatever is happening, and that it's far better to stay positive and look forward with anticipation than to look back with sadness.

I've really enjoyed being the person that I am in Greece - talking to strangers, feeling a female power and solidarity with other women, getting up to dance unselfconsciously at the drop of a hat, saying what I really feel quite boldly...and I think I'll take that persona home with me. You have been warned.... 


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to miss these, I have enjoyed reading every one - thank you

    ReplyDelete