Saturday 20 October 2012

Sun setting and new moon rising

'We must realise that our own existence is a gift from the whole universe.... A fully developed human heart is essential for addressing social issues. But no one can possess this without also finding their relationship to the whole cosmos, and in particular its spiritual attributes.' 

Rudolf Steiner



When I was feeling unwell, I sat on the verandah one early evening, a bottle of water on the table beside me and the patchwork blanket that I won in a raffle here in April wrapped around me. I felt too lethargic to read, listen to music or even talk on the phone. So I decided to just sit and watch the pure theatre of the universe as it progressed through the amazing sequence that it performs every night, all over the world. I watched from dusk and the setting of the sun to the rising of a new moon and the stars bursting into light.

Yes, I really do know how lucky I am to be here and observe this and I'm not trying to make you jealous. It was truly humbling and inspiring to be fully present and just notice and tune into the awesome, living world that we occupy. I did make the effort to get my camera and I'd love to share some images.


 










No comments:

Post a Comment