Thursday 18 October 2012

Check out my travel feature on the Imbros Gorge!

From time to time I write travel features for Travelbite, an online magazine, and my latest is an account of walking the Imbros Gorge and some other places visited, complete with photos. Here's a taster:

Hiking the Imbros Gorge in western Crete

Thursday, 18 October 2012 11:55 AM

Imbros Gorge is equally beautiful as the famous Samaria Gorge but less well known
Imbros Gorge is equally beautiful as the famous Samaria Gorge but less well known
Faith Warn hikes through the Imbros Gorge in the White Mountains of western Crete and is rewarded with spectacular views along the way

“Ah, I see you have strong shoes. Wise woman,” declared the village taverna owner as she served my freshly squeezed orange juice. “Last week a Russian girl walked the gorge wearing heels as high as your glass. It took seven hours and her feet were bleeding. Crazy. ” As she raised her eyes to heaven, I looked down at my own feet and realised that the embarrassment of emerging from a plane into the baking Greek sun of Chania airport clad in stout leather walking boots had been worthwhile after all.

 Now read the full feature here:
http://www.travelbite.co.uk/holiday-ideas/2012/10/18/hiking-the-imbros-gorge-in-western-crete

I got my hire car from Holiday Autos and there's a great offer from them at the end of the feature, with 15% off car hire worldwide until the end of the year. Worth going for if you're travelling. The Chania office were really helpful - couldn't do enough for me.

I'm quite pleased with this feature - let me know what you think and feel free to share the link with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment